ARB / Premature Retirement Calculator
For NPA 60 members (80th scheme members) only
1. Calculator Disclaimer: Before proceeding you should consider the options available in relation to how a member may enhance their benefits as this may affect the amount of service you wish to use in the calculation.
New actuarial reduction factors have been introduced in respect of all
actuarially reduced and premature retirement benefits payable on or
after 1 October 2007. This version of the calculator is for retirements
on or after 1 October 2007.
2. If you are an employer and wish to obtain details of an employee's service history you should contact Teachers' Pensions. Employers who would like further information about this should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. This facility can be used to calculate an estimate of Premature Retirement Benefits in respect of teachers aged between 50 and 59 inclusive. The results will show details of benefits apportioned between the TPS and the employer.
4. This facility can also be used to calculate an estimate of ARB retirement benefits but please note such retirement is only available to members aged between 55 and 59 inclusive.
5. You can also use this facility to calculate an estimate of Phased Retirement benefits that are actuarially reduced but this retirement is only available to members who are aged 55 or over and have some pensionable employment on or after 1 April 2007. Just enter the amount of service you wish to base your phased retirement benefits on but this must not exceed 75% of your total pensionable service.
6. To obtain a basic
calculation, enter the information requested below, then press the 'Calculate'
button to see your results.