Inclusion and Diversity Service
The regional Inclusion and Diversity Service (IDS) exists to strengthen and improve support to newcomer children and young people and their parents, primarily working through schools.
Here are the key services that are offered by the Inclusion and Diversity Service:
- Multi-lingual website for teachers and parents
- some of the general school policies and letters have been translated into many different languages
- Diversity Coordinators.
- Interpreting and translating services.
- Toolkits for Diversity in the primary school
- these have been developed for pre, primary, post and special schools to help them try and create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all pupils and parents, from all backgrounds, and ensure equal access for all.
- Continuous professional development.
- Training in the use of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
For the Inclusion and Diversity Service Website visit: www.education-support.org.uk
Or contact:Inclusion and Diversity Service North Eastern Education and Library Board Antrim Board Centre 17 Lough Road Antrim BT41 4DH Help-Line: (028) 9448 2210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org