School Policies and Procedures
- Guidance on Classroom Observation/Visits TNC 2011/6 PDF 37 KB
This guidance, which has been developed by the Teachers' Negotiating Committee (TNC) aims to share and promote good practice, acknowledging the role classroom observation can play in the improvement of learning and teaching and in the professional development of the teacher.
- Policy Statement on Tackling Violence and Abusive Behaviour against Teachers TNC 2011/2 PDF 61 KB.
The aim of this policy statement which has been agreed by the Teachers' Negotiating Committee (TNC) is to affirm that violence and abusive behaviour against teachers is totally unacceptable.
- Strategy for Teacher Health & Wellbeing in Northern Ireland TNC 2011/1 PDF 116 KB
This strategy document has been agreed by the Teachers' Negotiating Committee (TNC) to promote the vision of the TNC and to improve the health and wellbeing of teachers in Northern Ireland.
- Joint Declaration of Protection - TNC 2009/3 PDF 59 KB
This declaration is a joint Management Side and Teachers' Side agreement which recognises the moral and statutory responsibilities placed on Employers and Trade Unions.
- Equal Opportunities Policy - TNC 2009/2 PDF 82 KB
The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of the Employing Authorities to the promotion of equality of opportunity
- Alcohol and Drug Misuse Policy - TNC2005/5 PDF 41 KB
This procedure aims to help and support teachers who are experiencing problems as a result of alcohol or drugs misuse.
- Whistleblowing Policy-TNC2005/4 PDF 27 KB
This circular provides advice to teachers who wish to make disclosures of information relating to malpractice by their employers or colleagues at work.
- Procedure for teachers who work with visual display units and who wish to apply for an eyesight screening test - TNC 2005/3 PDF 17 KB
Describes the application process for applying for an eyesight screening test for teachers who operate a Visual Display Unit in connection with their work for 1 hour or more per day.
- Promoting a dignified workplace - TNC 2005/2 PDF 1587 KB
A policy statement and code of practice on measures to combat bullying and harrassment of teaching staff in schools.
- Smoking Policy for Schools - TNC 2000/3 PDF 44 KB
This procedure seeks to protect non smokers from the effects of tobacco smoke in the workplace, promote the health of pupils and staff and to provide information and advice for those wishing to stop smoking.
- Assault on teachers -Indemnification - TNC 1999/3 PDF 35 KB
This document provides details of the level of payments to be made by employing authorities to teachers/dependents in the event of assaults on teachers, in the course of or as a consequence of his/her employment, which result in death or permanent disablement.