The School Building Handbooks (Nursery, Primary and Secondary) provide advice and guidance on the planning and design of new school buildings and the standard to which they should conform.
They deal with the site, the building, circulation space and playing facilities – all matters which influence the learning environment within which the curriculum is delivered.
When designing new school accommodation, the Building Handbook should be used in conjunction with an approved Schedule of Accommodation provided by the Department of Education.
- Section 1 - Procedures - (This page is currently not avaliable).
- Section 2 - Nursery Schools
- Section 3 - Primary Schools
- Section 4 - Secondary Schools
- Section 5 - School Meals Accommodation - (This page is currently not avaliable).
- Energy Efficiency Design - (This document is currently under review)
- A Guide for Principals