Leave of Absence
- Additional Paternity Leave & Additional Statutory Paternity Pay - Teachers TNC 2011/5 PDF 45 KB
This document sets out the entitlement to additional paternity leave and additional statutory paternity pay for teachers from 3 April 2011.
- Statutory Annual Leave Entitlement and Long Term Sickness Absence TNC 2011/3 PDF 25 KB
This document explains how Statutory Annual Leave Entitlement is to apply when a teacher is absent as a result of long term sickness.
- Temporary Variation of Contract - TNC 2009/7 PDF 108 KB
This explains how a teacher can seek a short term, temporary change in working hours, which is not facilitated in the other leave of Absence Schemes.
- Flexible Working Scheme - TNC 2009/6 PDF 217 KB
This scheme sets out the criteria and procedure to request flexible working arrangements.
- Career Break Scheme - TNC 2009-5 PDF 45 KB
This scheme sets out the objectives, eligibility criteria, application procedures and implications for those permanent teachers who wish to apply for a career break without salary for a period of not less than one year and not more than five years. The employers also issued an addendum to the career break scheme TNC 2010/2 Career Break Scheme Addendum PDF 21 KB to all schools.
- Job Share Scheme - TNC 2009/4 PDF 689 KB
Job sharing is a method of working where two teachers share one full-time post. This scheme sets out the eligibility criteria and application process for teachers wishing to apply for job-sharing.
- Teacher Attendance Procedure - TNC 2008/02 PDF 113 KB
This policy and accompanying procedures establishes a clear framework for managing absence at local level, supported by sound professional human resources advice. Principals and staff should familiarise themselves with the policy and procedures.
- Maternity Leave Scheme - TNC 2008/1 PDF 71 KB
Sets out the entitlement to occupational and statutory maternity leave and pay for all pregnant teachers. The Employers also issued to all schools a Maternity and Adoption Leave Update Bulletin PDF 28 KB highlighting changes to both schemes from April 2007 and information on Statutory Leave Entitlement during Maternity Leave TNC 2009/1 PDF 27KB on 10 April 2009. The Employers produced Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Maternity Leave and Pay for Teachers PDF 27 KB in April 2011 and any further queries should be addressed to them.
- Advice to Schools on Considering Applicatons from Teaching Staff Who Wish To Apply for Posts of Lay Magistrate - TNC 2005/1 PDF 11 KB
Provides guidance to assist schools in considering applications from teaching staff who may wish to apply for posts of lay magistrate.
- Paternity Leave and Pay - TNC 2003/3 PDF 48 KB
Sets out the rights of eligible teachers to take either 1 or 2 weeks paid statutory paternity leave to care for the child or support the mother or, in the case of adoption, the adopter or other adopter.
- Adoption Leave - TNC 2003/2 PDF 57 KB
Sets out the entitlement to occupational and statutory leave and pay for eligible teachers when a child is newly placed for adoption. The Employers also issued to all school a Maternity and Adoption Leave Update Bulletin PDF 28KB highlighting changes to both schemes from 1 April 2007.
- Parental Leave 31 July 2000 PDF 41 KB
This paper provides information on the key elements of the parental leave provisions set out in the Maternity and Parental Leave Regulations (NI)1999. This includes the right to 13 weeks paid leave for parents caring for a child under five (or under eighteen where the child is disabled )
- Absences Due to Injury Caused by Negligence of a Third Party - TNC 1998/2 PDF 28 KB
This document explains the arrangements for the recovery of sickness allowance, where a teacher is absent for work as a result of injury from a third parity and damages are payable to the teacher in respect of such injury.
Back to top