Capital grant-aid for the different school management types is as follows
- Controlled Schools - 100 percent.
- Maintained Schools - 100 percent or 85 percent.
- Category A Voluntary Grammar Schools - 100 percent or 85 percent **
- Category B Voluntary Grammar Schools - 65 percent on School Meals Accommodation;0 percent on other capital development; 65 percent on Furniture and Equipment relating to capital development.
- Grant Maintained Integrated Schools (GMI) - 100 percent (after three year viability period and GMI status confirmed)
- Irish Medium Schools - 100 percent (after three year viability period and GM status confirmed)
(** rate dependent on agreement under Schedule six, Education and Libraries Order (NI) 1986)